Snap Invigilation Centre
A collaboration of universities has recently launched EXAM INVIGILATION software to support formative and summative student assessments.
This provides a robust means of assessing students and includes:
- A screen share so that you can monitor students’ activity on their computers
- A video share using the students own mobile phone so that you view the student sat at their desk
Student set up is automated creating minimal administration of video calls and allows classes of students to be set up seamlessly:
- Students work through a series of onscreen prompts to set up the technical side of things
- Exam invidulators select students to greet and perform room checks following technical set-up. Then release the assessment allowing the student to start.
What can invigilators see?
- A profile of the student, their keyboard and desk area, as well as what they are doing on the screen.
- Multiple students at any one time, with an ability to zoom in and focus on one at a time.
- An ability to communicate with one student at a time whilst maintaining thumbnail view of the remainder.
- Screen tracking prompt if the student moves off the assessment window.
- Lists of students that other invigilators are monitoring in the same assessment.
- A prompt when a student has submitted the assessment.
What kind of assessments can this system be used for?
- Assessments are pre loaded before the exam and made available to a specific set of students at a specific time. Accessed via a secure link.
- Multiple choice and numeric questions are automatically marked and results released to students in a controlled way.
- Open ended questions can be assigned to tutors and marked online and then results released.
- Any subject can be assessed using Sn@p and the invigilation software.