What: NMP North Conference
When: Deferred to June 2021
Where: University of Salford
The University of Salford will be hosting our NMP conference for NMPs throughout the UK. In the morning, the event will focus on current topical issues for prescribers including speakers from RPS and GPhC.
Sam Sherrington (Chair of Association for Prescribers) will guide you through the day, which will provide plenty of opportunity for networking and CPD.
In the afternoon, there will be a series of practical workshops which aim to offer the development of new practical skills. These will be delivered by the following universities:
- University of Bolton
- University of Chester
- University of Central Lancaster
- University of Cumbria
- University of Salford
Designated Prescribing Practitioner, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Learn more about the background and thinking behind the DPP role
- Understand the requirements and how it affects you and your organisation
Social Prescribing, Salford Social Prescribing Hub
- How and why there is a growth in Social Prescribing?
- Explore how Social Prescribing provide opportunities for NMPs
My Medicine and Me
- A campaign to help individuals get the best from their medicines
- Understand how the medicines communication charter can help more effective prescribing
Remote Prescribing Standards, General Pharmaceutical Council
- Learn about the new standards and their implementation
The afternoon workshops offer a real opportunity to develop practical skills and understanding. Chose 2 out of the following 3 workshops which will be delivered by our university partners:
- Skills to become a Designated Prescribing Practitioner
- Remote prescribing principles in practice
- Pharmacist and new standards in practice
Each workshop will last approx. 45 minutes. A university certificate of attendance will be provided.
Who should attend?
If you are involved in Non-Medical Prescribing in the North of England this conference offers unique opportunities for prescribers from different regions and organisations to come together.
The morning provides opportunities for updates: ideal for those involved in day to day prescribing as well as those involved in policy and organisational management of NMP.
We have tried to keep the cost down as low as possible as we want to encourage as many NMPs as possible to take advantage of this one off CPD and Networking opportunity.
£50 – Early bird discount
£45 – Early bird Group Bookings (over 5 people)
£65 – Full conference price
£55 – Group Bookings (over 5 people)